Okay everyone – I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Super exciting! I was nominated three times. Once back in July (Thanks, Big Tiny Steps) – which I never did anything about. Not sure why – but probably had something to do with anxiety and everything seems like too much at the time. So I’m so sorry Mandi for taking so long to get on this! I was also nominated by Heather’s Ambitions this past August. I was also recently nominated by Katie at Me, Myself & Panic.
All of these are really amazing blogs! Big, Tiny, Steps is all about making your life healthier (eating healthy, living green, mindset, etc) – her posts are incredibly relatable. She posts about recipes- like this Vegetable Orzo Salad – which seems delicious! Also about basic needs that are so helpful a such as this post about establishing a basic whole food pantry! I recommend checking it out.
Heather’s Ambitions is all about going after your dreams. It’s really inspiring to read her posts. She even has some recipes that look amazing like this Apple Walnut Muffins one. She also includes tips on how to make your dreams happen – like this post about being your most productive self – which I loved.
The blogger who most recently nominated me, Me, Myself & Panic posts incredible articles about anxiety, panic attacks, panic disorder and depression – all which I relate too! She posts quotes that are fun and inspirational – one of my favorites is this one: quote 9. She also writes posts just about her handling her mental health. This one is some of my favorites and is probably something that I’m going to want to try soon.
So I also have to mention my favorite blog has to be The Bloggess – Jenny Lawson. Honestly, I love her. I read all her books. She so incredibly relatable and just amazing to read. Shes funny. She’s honest. She’s a breath of fresh air and I wish I was her best friend. Check her out! She’s amazing.
As part of the nomination, I was asked to answer 10 random questions about myself:
- If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day who would it be and why? I would trade places with Caroline Gleich because she is a badass and I wish I was more like her.
- What is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made? Best Purchase: My essential oil diffuser – calms me always. Worst purchase: so many unnecessary clothes that I only bought because I was depressed.
- What’s your biggest vice? Shopping. Gives me something to look forward to.
- Do you have a sweet tooth or a savoury tooth? All the sweets.
- What is your favourite thing about yourself? My empathy for others.
- Where’s your happy place? Currently under a blanket cozying up on the couch – but I want to find a place outside in the forest under a tree.
- What truly motivates you? Finding out what I am made of – all my potential.
- What would be your first purchase if you won £1,000,000? A plane ticket to Australia.
- Is there a documentary or book that really changed the way you thought about something? Forks Over Knives – honestly I wish I thought about food more – and it really helped keep some things in perspective for me.
- What are three albums (soundtracks or compilations don’t count) that really define you or have shaped you as a person? Christina Aguilera – Stripped – it honestly probably saved my life. Billy Joel – Greatest Hits Volume III – was my door into the world of Billy Joel. Maria Mena – White Turns Blue – Honestly – her lyrics get right in my heart.
Now to nominate 5 blogs that I believe deserve this award:
- Travis and the Brain
- Mental Health is Important
- Anxiety Erica
- Me, Myself & Mental Health
- Writer and Mental Health Blogger
- Coore Lifestyle
Questions for the blogs I nominate:
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite food and why?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite childhood movie?
- What are your plans for this coming weekend?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What subject would you like to learn more about?
- What fictional character do you relate to most and why?
So, these are the guidelines for the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine (Jack Henry) if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) Post a comment in the comments below (on the website https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/ ) so I (Jack Henry) can view your post and check out your blog. I (Jack Henry)personally visit each and everyone.I (Jack Henry) visited a few hundred last year!!!